August 25, 2020
Dear Grace Bible Church family,
We now anticipate being able to return to our sanctuary on September 13, 2020.
The service will begin at 10:30 a.m. Certain restrictions will apply to safeguard the health and
safety of every member.
For this first service we will limit the attendance to members who are in the lower risk group for
infection by this virus. This would include those less than age 65 who are not immunocompromised
and do not have a serious medical problem. Older family members may attend and sit with their
family that day. We will then alternate between this lower risk group and the higher risk group
every other Sunday. The livestream and Zoom broadcasts will continue as before for those who cannot
attend due to the risk inherent in their age and medical status.
At least for the first few Sundays, please notify Priscilla if you plan to attend in order that we
can be sure everyone can be safely seated without any overcrowding. We will also have a Communion
Service this opening Sunday. Individual packets containing the elements will be provided.
That same day the Sunday school taught at 6:00 p.m. will change to our evening worship service
presented on Zoom. All other services during the week will continue as before on Zoom. There will
be no childcare or nursery services.
Medical reasons not to attend a service
● If there has been contact with anyone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days
● Symptoms of cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat
● Temperature of 99.4 or greater in the past 72 hours
● Vomiting or diarrhea in the past 72 hours
● Loss of taste or smell
● Any symptoms suggesting the early onset of an illness
● International travel in the past 14 days
Parking guidelines and entry into the church
● Please arrive 15 to 20 minutes early as seating will take longer than usual.
● Maintain separation from other individuals when parking your car and when entering the church. Please do not gather in groups in the parking lot.● Ushers will be available to help with social distancing and church entry.
● Enter the church only by the covered entry door.
● All individuals must wear a mask while on the church campus. The exceptions are children under
the age of 2.
● Please do not gather in groups in the doorway or in the foyer.
● There will be no bulletins.
Seating and Departure
● Ushers inside the building will direct you to pre-arranged seating to maintain social distance.
● You may not be able to sit in your usual place.
● We ask all families to sit together, and that all remain in place after they are seated.
● If our attendance exceeds the auditorium capacity, seating in the fellowship hall with the proper
social distancing will be used. A livestream broadcast will be available.
● At the conclusion of the service please remain seated until the ushers help dismiss everyone in
an orderly process.
● Please maintain the proper social distance in the parking lot at the conclusion of the service.
● Access to the building will be limited to the ground floor. The upstairs will be closed.
● Signs will be posted throughout the church to help guide us.
● Hand sanitizing stations will be available for use at strategic locations.
● Soap dispensers will be set up in the restrooms.
● There will be no coffee stations.
● The water fountains will be unavailable.
● All Bibles, hymn books, pens, and pencils will be removed from the sanctuary.
● An offering box will be available in the foyer.
● Please inform the church leadership and stay home if you have been exposed to Covid-19 or have
tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
● The church building will be professionally cleaned and sanitized after each service.
We all have looked forward to this day. Please pray for continued guidance in the decisions being
made, for the safety of our church family, and above all that we honor our Lord in all that we do.
Grace Bible Church Elder and Deacon Boards
John Ward Bruce Lambuth Tommy Vickers
Steve Bonner William Peacock Jason Walker
Gary Hensarling Richard Thomas Curtis Watts